Responding to COVID-19 – Adapting to a New Reality
The recent developments around the Covid-19 outbreak have impacted every single person and business in Canada and around the world. Traditionally, this is our busiest time of year when we would be meeting with clients in connection with tax filings and exchanging documents. It is a massive adjustment for both ourselves and our clients to have these familiar and comfortable processes stop so abruptly. However, the health and safety of our team, clients and families is now the first priority.
We have instituted the following changes to our processes effective immediately. We continue to adapt and look for ways to improve our service delivery in this new reality. We would welcome any suggestions you may have:
- We will no longer hold in-person client meetings. We have video-conferencing capabilities and telephone meetings as alternatives.
- We request that all information (whether it pertains to personal or corporate tax filings) is submitted to us electronically through the following options:
- By email – please remember to password-protect anything that contains sensitive personal information, such as SIN numbers.
- Uploading to our portal – if you are already set up for portal access, feel free to upload your documents.
- Setting up a folder with Box.com – this secure cloud-based storage allows you to upload multiple documents without having to password protect each document. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request set up.
- We have a drop box in our reception area. Our building and office remains open during regular business hours and clients may leave documents in the Drop Box. However, no reception services are available and, for your safety and ours, we cannot meet with clients when dropping off documents.
- Copies of final issued financial statements, personal and corporate tax returns will be distributed in pdf format only. Once things return to normal, if you require hard copies of your financial statements and/or tax returns, please send an email to email@example.com .
- The following payment options are available:
- Interac e-transfer: Please send the transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the 6-digit invoice number in the message field.
- Credit cards: We now have the ability to accept credit card payments. Please contact Shivani Mehta at email@example.com to arrange for payment.
- Cheques: In the interest of keeping our team safe we prefer electronic forms of payment however we will accept cheques if that continues to be the best option for you.
Thank you for your continued support and cooperation. We hope that amid the unpredictability and not so pleasant changes that seem to surround us lately, you remain healthy and can find your silver lining – whether it is finally slowing down, spending more time with family, or finding a renewed sense of gratitude.